- 2016 “A Sweet Tradition: the Oath of Hippocrates on Lake Ontario” in Allan Peterkin and Pamela Brett-Maclean, Keeping Reflection Fresh: A Practical Guide for Clinical Educators (Kent Ohio: Kent State University Press), pp. 225-228.
- 2015 with D. S. Jones, J. A. Greene, and J. H. Warner “Making the Case for History in Medical Education.” J History of Medicine and Allied Sciences. advanced access 13 Nov. 2014; print 70.2 (April): 165-94. Also blog post.
- 2012 “Infiltrating the Curriculum: Triumphs and Disasters in Bringing History to Future Doctors,” in J. Kevin Dorsey and P. K. Rangachari, eds. Students Matter: The Rewards of University Teaching, Springfield, Ill: Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, pp. 74-92. Translated into Japanese 2014.
- 2004 “A Hippocratic Triangle: History, Clinician-Historians, and Future Doctors”, in Locating Medical History: The Stories and their Meanings, eds. Frank Huisman and John Harley Warner. Johns Hopkins University Press, pp. 432-449.
1995 with Mark Weisberg, “Evoking the Moral Imagination: Using Stories to Teach Ethics and Professionalism to Nursing, Medical, and Law Students,” J. Med. Humanities 16, no. 4: 247-263. Also published in Change, The Magazine of Higher Learning, 27, no. 1: 20-27.
- 1995 “Infiltrating the Curriculum: an Integrative Approach to History for Medical Students,” Journal of the Medical Humanities, 16, no. 3: 155-174